Re: The Ocaml Link Database

From: Ian T Zimmerman (itz@transbay.net)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 20:13:40 MET

To: Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de
Subject: Re: The Ocaml Link Database
From: Ian T Zimmerman <itz@transbay.net>
Date: 14 Feb 1999 11:13:40 -0800

Gerd Stolpmann <Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de> writes:

> I have already received feedback about the user interface of the
> database:
> - Is it ok to use frames for the UI? Of course, the current
> functionality is so simple that an interface without frames would be
> possible. Perhaps we should at least provide a frameless interface
> for queries only.

Definitely provide a frameless interface both for querying _and_ for
making entries. Here's one X-less enthusiastic Ocaml user.

> - Perhaps the entries should be arranged like a spreadsheet, and
> not as a list of items

I'd rather not, as w3 (which is what I use to access the Web) doesn't
do a good job of rendering tables, either. But, arguably, this is
simply a deficiency in my browser rather than a platform constraint :-(

--
Ian T Zimmerman                        <itz@transbay.net>
I came to the conclusion that what was wrong about the guillotine