Re: Contributions

From: Tommy Hallgren (thallgren@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 09:50:54 MET

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 00:50:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Contributions
To: Fabrice Le Fessant <lefessan@talbot.inria.fr>, caml-list@inria.fr

How awesome!

I've long been thinking that someone should write a window manager in
Caml. And if I like efuns, I'll uninstall XEmacs right away! :)

What is the license? Not GPL I hope.

Anyway, thank you!

Regards, Tommy

---Fabrice Le Fessant <lefessan@talbot.inria.fr> wrote:

> GwML is born. GwML is the Generic Window-Manager in ML. It is inspired
> from GWM (http://www.inria.fr/koala/gwm) which was configurable in a
> Lisp dialect (Wool). Instead, GwML is configurable in Ocaml. GwML is
> ICCCM compliant (not exactly 2.0, but close).
>
> GwML is part of Efuns 005 package, which also contains:
>
> - Efuns: Efuns is an Emacs clone. Like Gwml, it is configurable in
> ocaml instead of Elisp. Thus, you can program better editing modes
(in
> particular, by using ocamllex lexers) than with Emacs.
>
> - Asm Dynlink: An implementation of the Dynlink library (which
> enables programs to dynamically load bytecode files) which works for
> Native programs.
>
> - Xlib: An implementation of the Xlib library in Ocaml.
> The whole X protocol is implemented, plus some other extensions
(Icccm,
> XShade, Xpm, Zpixmap, Xrm, etc ...). Moreover, it contains an
emulation
> of the Graphics library of Ocaml (called XGraphics).
>
> WEB sources:
> http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lefessan/src/efuns/efuns-005.src.tar.gz
>
> WEB documentation:
> http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lefessan/src/efuns/gwml-005.ps.gz
>
> WEB page: follow Efuns link from:
> http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lefessan/src
>
> - Fabrice LE FESSANT
>
> PARA/SOR Project
> INRIA Rocquencourt
>
> Homepage: http://pauillac.inria.fr/~lefessan

==
Regards, Tommy Hallgren
Briljantg. 31, SE-421 49, Göteborg
Tel.: 031 - 770 5232 (Work: Telia Prosoft)
Tel.: 0709 - 312 404 (GSM)
Tel.: 031 - 47 65 28 (Home)