Sort module musings

From: James Hague (jhague@dadgum.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 17:29:13 MET

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:29:13 -0600 (EST)
From: James Hague <jhague@dadgum.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Sort module musings

Does anyone else find that the Sort module to be in logical conflict with
the Array and List modules? Both the Array and List modules contain
"map", "fold_left", and "fold_right", but there isn't a separate Map
module (for example, you use List.map instead of Map.list).

Following this pattern, Sort.list should be List.sort and Sort.array
should be Array.sort.

I expect that this has come up before, and there is a good justification
for the Sort module, but I thought I would mention it from a new OCaml
user's perspective just in case.

James Hague