Re: subtyping and inheritance

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 18:02:32 MET DST

From: Markus Mottl <mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject: Re: subtyping and inheritance
To: Giuseppe.Castagna@ens.fr (Giuseppe Castagna)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:02:32 +0100 (MET DST)

Hello,

thanks for your information! I have now read your paper on "parasitic
methods" (I like this term!) and found it indeed very interesting. It
seems it would be a fine means of solving the problem which was the
starting point of the earlier thread ((covariant) specialization of
comparison methods) - not to speak of the many other possible advantages.

I wonder what the OO-implementors of OCAML think about it - and generally,
whether there are already any intended "surprises" (I mean: nice ones ;-)
for us in one of the next OCAML-releases...

Best regards,
Markus Mottl

--
Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl