Re: Graphics library

From: Sven LUTHER (luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 23 1999 - 11:22:45 MET DST

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:22:45 +0200
From: Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr>
To: Marc.Tajchman@cmla.ens-cachan.fr, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: Graphics library

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 03:03:09AM +0200, Marc Tajchman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two suggestions concerning the graphics library in
> ocaml-2.0.2.
>
> It's simple and works well but it seems not possible to
> use this package to
>
> 1. open several X11 windows
> 2. draw "off-line" (double buffering)
>
> I need the second point to eliminate "flickering" (smooth
> re-drawing of successive intermediate results in a fluid
> simulation).
>
> Hope I didn't miss something in the docs.
>
> Thanks in advance for comments.

Ihave been working on mlgtk, the gtk bindings to ocaml, and have been using it
for my own graphical user interface.

I was working on a project to provide a Graphics compatible module for mlgtk,
but laked the time to continue working on it.

If you like, you could look at the third tutorial of the mlgtk package
(examples/tut_3.ml or something like that) which basically opens a window
where you can click to draw small rectangles (it basically is the same as the
gtk example doing the same stuff.).

Hope this help, and if you have any further questions i would be glade to
respond on it.

(there is also a mlgtk mailing list at to subscribe send SUB <first name> <last
 name> to mlgtk@u-strasbg.fr)

mlgtk can be obtained from :

http://pauillac.inria.fr/~cuoq

Friendly,