Re: Graphics library

From: Sven LUTHER (luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 12:59:56 MET DST

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:59:56 +0200
From: Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr>
To: Marc.Tajchman@cmla.ens-cachan.fr, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: Graphics library

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 03:03:09AM +0200, Marc Tajchman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two suggestions concerning the graphics library in
> ocaml-2.0.2.
>
> It's simple and works well but it seems not possible to
> use this package to
>
> 1. open several X11 windows
> 2. draw "off-line" (double buffering)
>
> I need the second point to eliminate "flickering" (smooth
> re-drawing of successive intermediate results in a fluid
> simulation).

The next version of the mlgtk library (gtk+ bindings for ocaml) will contain a
gtkDrawing module, that beside providing a Graphics compatibility module,
provides a way of defining GtkDrawingarea widgets with backing pixmap, that you
can act upon in a Graphics like manner (but providing the gtkdrawingarea widget
as parameter.)

It is not yet complete, but already functional for drawing stuff. Mlgtk is
found at :

http://cristal.inria.fr/~cuoq/mlgtk.html

but it don't yet contain this, write to me and i can get you a current snapshot
of it.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER