Re: Stub between Ocaml and C : camlidl or swig

From: Sven LUTHER (luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 07:51:14 MET DST

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:51:14 +0200
From: Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr>
To: Patrick Goldbronn - SYSCO <patrick.goldbronn@cea.fr>,
Subject: Re: Stub between Ocaml and C : camlidl or swig

On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 11:39:22AM +0200, Patrick Goldbronn - SYSCO wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if someone has worked on automatically generation of
> stub file between ocaml and C code.
>
> I don't want something like camlidl (which is to strict for my purpose),
> but something more simple and pliant (as swig :
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/~beazley/SWIG).
>
> My goal is very specific so I'm interested even if the work is specific
> to !!
>
> I ask this before to write my own generator (if someone has already made
> the same)

I have the begining of a C header parser that i intent to use to generate the mlgtk
stubs. It is entirely written in caml, and is under the GPL, if you are
interrested, tell me. Up to now, it parses the headers and put them in a big
list. My plan was to generate the bindings with this lists. I have some ideas on
how to do it automatically for most C constructs, other could cause problems. If
you are interrested, i can do a website for it, separate from mlgtk, or also send
it to you.

Friensly,

Sven LUTHER