New software: db2man, converts docbook to Unix manual pages

From: Gerd Stolpmann (Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de)
Date: Sat Jun 26 1999 - 20:38:18 MET DST

From: Gerd Stolpmann <Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: New software: db2man, converts docbook to Unix manual pages
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:38:18 +0200

As I have documented "findlib" in the SGML docbook-DTD, I needed a tool
to convert docbook to Unix manual pages. This does db2man, available at

        http://people.darmstadt.netsurf.de/Gerd.Stolpmann/ocaml

db2man prints a manual page for every "refentry" section. The document
must already be transformed to XML, for example with James Clark's sx
tool. db2man uses Christian Lindig's XML parser.

Note that the implementation is only partial, as I used only some tags.

Gerd

Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
Viktoriastr. 100
64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de (privat)
Germany