recursive algebraic and class types

From: John Skaller (skaller@maxtal.com.au)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 03:38:52 MET DST

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:38:52 +1000
To: caml-list@inria.fr
From: John Skaller <skaller@maxtal.com.au>
Subject: recursive algebraic and class types

Someone recently posted a patch which allows class types
and algebraic types to be mixed in the same declaration,
so that they can be mutually recursive .. but I have lost
the email. Could I ask the patch be posted again?

Is there a simple workaround without the patch?

[I need something like

        type expr_t = X | Y of class_t
        class type class_t = object method lookup : expr_t -> expr_t end
]

BTW: when such changes to syntax are given, if applied they
will not be useful with camlp4 unless it too is patched. :-(

John Skaller email: skaller@maxtal.com.au
                http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
                phone: 61-2-96600850
                snail: 10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia