O'Caml speaks MIDI

From: Thorsten Ohl (ohl@hep.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 15:13:45 MET DST

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:13:45 +0200
From: Thorsten Ohl <ohl@hep.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: O'Caml speaks MIDI

I have started to write some Objective Caml modules for the
MIDI (Musical Instruments Digital Interface) protocol and files.

A very preliminary version can be found at

    ftp://heplix.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de/pub/ohl/midi/

As you will see, the support for interesting transformations is very
limited still. Nevertheless, reading and writing of files appears to
be reliable and the sequencer (midiplay.opt or midiplay.bin) works for
all files that I could get find.

The source is the only documentation and all the interfaces are
still subject to change without notice. But I figured that some
people would enjoy playing around wih it anyway ...

Cheers,
-Thorsten

--
Thorsten Ohl, Physics Department, TU Darmstadt -- ohl@hep.tu-darmstadt.de