Unison file synchronizer: alpha-testers needed

From: Benjamin C. Pierce (bcpierce@saul.cis.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 17:10:04 MET DST

To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: Unison file synchronizer: alpha-testers needed
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:10:04 EDT
From: "Benjamin C. Pierce" <bcpierce@saul.cis.upenn.edu>

The Unison project at Penn is developing a portable file synchronizer --
a user-level tool for maintaining consistency between replicated
filesystems (e.g. on laptops and fileservers).

This summer, we have been working on a complete redesign and
reimplementation of the system (in OCaml, of course). The new
implementation is now in daily use by the developers and friends, and
we'd like to have a few more "hacker" users to help us shake out the
last bugs before making a broader release.

If you're interested in giving it a try, please send me mail and I'll
tell you where to grab the distribution and documentation. What I'll
ask in return is a short message describing your experience with
installing and using the tool.

Unison runs on Windows and many flavors of Unix. The current
distribution requires GNU make and an up-to-date (version 2.01 or
2.02) Objective Caml compiler. We are also working on a binary
distribution; if you'd like to be notified when this becomes
available, let me know.

      Benjamin Pierce