Re: interfacing FORTRAN/OCAML??

From: Xavier Leroy (Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 21:25:22 MET DST

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:25:22 +0200
From: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
To: karine CHEVALIER-JABET <jabet@baobab1.cad.cea.fr>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: interfacing FORTRAN/OCAML??

> I would like to know if interfacing FORTRAN with OCAML is possible(OCAML
> calling FORTRAN) ; I read it for C, but didn t see for Fortran. Does it
> mean I shoud call fortran with C then C with OCAML?

Yes, that's the basic idea. Most Fortran compilers (except perhaps
some Fortran 9x stuff) have a pretty straightforward interface with C,
so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Several of your colleagues at CEA have significant experience on
interfacing Fortran libraries with Caml code. You can look on the
archives of the Caml mailing list
(http://caml.inria.fr/pub/old_caml_site/bin/msearch/caml-list) for previous discussions
on this topic.

All the best,