string function documentation

From: Steve Gardner (scg@cise.npl.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 13:10:23 MET DST

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:10:23 +0100 (BST)
From: Steve Gardner <scg@cise.npl.co.uk>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: string function documentation

The following behaviour is clearly correct, but I think it is
undocumented:

Various functions in the String and Str modules accept
"String.length s" as a valid character index for "s". For example,

  Str.string_match regexp s (String.length s)

does not raise an Invalid_argument exception, but returns true or
false depending on whether regexp allows an empty string.

As mentioned above, I see that this is correct.

Should the documentation should be changed to mention this behaviour?

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steve Gardner               Centre for Information Systems Engineering
steve.gardner@npl.co.uk                   National Physical Laboratory

"The contents of the above message are my views alone and should not be taken as representing the views held by NPL Management Ltd."