Re: Can someone explain?

From: skaller (skaller@maxtal.com.au)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 11:42:16 MET DST

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 19:42:16 +1000
From: skaller <skaller@maxtal.com.au>
To: Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de
Subject: Re: Can someone explain?

Gerd Stolpmann wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Oct 1999, John Skaller wrote:
> > The other thing I would beg for is to fix the parser
> >and lexer to be re-entrant [purely functional]. At present, state
> >information
> >must be kept in global store :-(
> >

> I have recently posted a solution for this problem

> The solution requires a complicated Makefile

I have seen your solution, but I'd prefer not to rely on
this kind of thing in code which may be distributed: it's fragile,
depending on implementation dependent knowledge about the form
of the files ocamlyacc generates.

However, it seems like a good proof of principle, and I'm
sure we're agreeing a _standard_ solution in the next
version of ocaml would be ideal.

--
John Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
1/10 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia