Quotes inside a comment ?

From: Juergen Pfitzenmaier (pfitzen@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 14:30:22 MET DST

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:30:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Juergen Pfitzenmaier <pfitzen@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Quotes inside a comment ?

The documentation says even inside comments the quotes (that's -- " --)
have to be used pairwise. Is there any reason for this ?
I would like to have a good documentation for the code I write and my
preferred way is to use nuweb and put some TeX right beside the piece
of code it refers to. But sometimes I have to use a non-english language
for the comments and then I need special characters that are constructed
with a -- " -- in front of them. The only way to use these comments
with ocaml is to filter all comments out before compiling. This is no
big deal but it is not nice and easy. Is there any change in sight ?

ciao pfitzen