Re: What will the new syntax be like? (O'Caml + O'Labl)

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 19:21:29 MET

From: Markus Mottl <mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject: Re: What will the new syntax be like? (O'Caml + O'Labl)
To: dsyme@microsoft.com (Don Syme)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:21:29 +0100 (MET)

> The brackets may not be needed, though I'm not sure...

As a general comment on this thread, I'd like to add that questions of
syntax should take into account the advanced features of modern editors.
It is probably not necessary to force a syntax which explicitely groups
expressions belonging together as long as the parser can group them
without: colorizing and/or font changes done by the editors make things
even more readable.

Regards,
Markus Mottl

--