Re: Objective Caml 2.99 released

From: skaller (skaller@maxtal.com.au)
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 04:24:14 MET

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:24:14 +1100
From: skaller <skaller@maxtal.com.au>
To: Damien Doligez <Damien.Doligez@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: Objective Caml 2.99 released

Damien Doligez wrote:

> > Question: I see no mention of support for ocaml coded
> >finalisers.

> I know how to do it, it's just a matter of writing the code and the
> doc. I certainly hope it will make it into version 3.0.
>
> >[Should I wait, or cobble up my own solution?]
>
> I'll send you a patch as soon as I have something that works, so
> you'll have the feature sooner and I'll have some help in finding the
> bugs...

I can only thank you in advance most profusely, and wish I could
speak enough French to say it more expressively than in English
[picture of beaming face :-]. Thanks!!

[BTW: I'm not sure I like the idea of finalisers .. but here
I have a requirement which would appear to be best implemented
using them...]

--
John Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
10/1 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia