Re: Ocaml for Mac

From: Damien Doligez (Damien.Doligez@inria.fr)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 18:10:57 MET

    >From: Francesco Logozzo <logozzo@cibs.sns.it>

    > I' wondering when we could get an "usable" version of Ocaml for
    >Mac. At the moment there is no native compiler, no Lexx or Yacc, no
    >debugger and no profiler. I would like to use Ocaml with my Mac in a
    >serious way, when can I do it?

    Native compiler: when we find the time to do it.
    Ocamllex and ocamlyacc: they work perfectly well right now.
    Profiler: Real Soon Now for the execution-count profiler, I don't know
    for the time profiler.
    Debugger: that's really tricky, because it's very much Unix-dependent
    (it has an essential need of the fork system call). Maybe someday
    without the replay features.

    The other thing that's missing is an interface to the OS and toolbox,
    but I'm afraid we don't have the manpower to do it.

    Of course, you're welcome to contribute anything you want.

    -- Damien