O'Caml: Caml-level finalisation of values

From: Damien Doligez (Damien.Doligez@inria.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 19:22:59 MET

    Hello everyone,

    The working version of O'Caml now has an implementation of finalised
    values with finalisation functions written in O'Caml. The interface
    is one function, Gc.finalise, documented in stdlib/gc.mli.

    To try this feature, turn your browser to <http://camlcvs.inria.fr/>
    and check out a copy of the O'Caml source. If you cannot use camlcvs
    for some reason, I should be able to provide a patch, but I'd rather
    avoid the work.

    Be aware that this feature is only slightly tested, and subject to
    change, and that the working version of O'Caml is generally likely to
    have more bugs than the latest released version.

    -- Damien