Q: camlp4 use?

From: STARYNKEVITCH Basile (Basile.Starynkevitch@cea.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 16:16:34 MET

    Hello All and best wishes to everyone and to Ocaml for the year 2000
    (last of the century)

    I am asking who is using the Camlp4 as an Ocaml preprocessor (the
    Revised syntax is another legitimate use of Camlp4, as is its pretty
    printing facilities) and why?

    I am considering use Camlp4 to code a C++ code generator (sadly I
    cannot code in Ocaml my applications). My ideas are very fuzzy today,
    but I consider coding a generator which represents all of the
    generated C++ syntax tree as Ocaml values and using camlp4 to
    translate

      CPPCLASS picture ... END

    as

      let picture = make_cpp_class "picture" in

    Alsom did anyone use ocpp (in camlp4)? I did not understand what is it
    and why is it useful for?

    N.B. Any opinions expressed here are only mine, and not of my organization.
    N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.

    Basile STARYNKEVITCH ---- Commissariat à l Energie Atomique
    DTA/LETI/DEIN/SLA * CEA/Saclay b.528 (p111f) * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
    phone: 1,69.08.60.55; fax: 1.69.08.83.95 home: 1,46.65.45.53
    email: Basile point Starynkevitch at cea point fr