Re: Ocaml secrets

From: Francois Rouaix (frouaix@liquidmarket.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 23:35:00 MET

    > Please tell me where in the OCaml manual I could have discovered
    > the ability to write
    >
    > tm.Unix.tm_hour

    Well, the online manual says

        label ::= label-name
               | module-path . lowercase-ident

    at http://pauillac.inria.fr/ocaml/htmlman/manual009.html

    and expr ::= ... | expr.label
    at http://pauillac.inria.fr/ocaml/htmlman/manual013.html

    I'd say it's a matter of faith in the regularity of the compiler (or
    its authors, hi guys, how are you) ;-)
    Since we know that a language object (except modules and weird things like
    method names) always lives in some module, and since we know that we can use
    M.x to access value x in module M, we should expect M.l to be valid to refer
    to label l in module M.

    --f