Re: Q: camlp4 use?

From: Daniel de Rauglaudre (daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 11:32:37 MET

    On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 04:16:34PM +0100, STARYNKEVITCH Basile wrote:

    > I am asking who is using the Camlp4 as an Ocaml preprocessor (the
    > Revised syntax is another legitimate use of Camlp4, as is its pretty
    > printing facilities) and why?

    The main big user of Camlp4 is the program Coq (from the project Coq
    of INRIA). The revised syntax seems to have very few users.

    > Alsom did anyone use ocpp (in camlp4)? I did not understand what is it
    > and why is it useful for?

    Hmmm... I don't know wether people use it. Actually I don't use it. It
    is just a program extracted from the technology of Camlp4, but not
    specially dedicated to Ocaml programs. You can just use quotations and
    the rest of the input text is not parsed at all.

    --
    Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
    daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr