Re: LablTk not in MS Windows O'Caml 2.99?

From: Jacques Garrigue (garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 03:39:07 MET

    From: "T. Kurt Bond" <tkb@access.mountain.net>

    > It looks like the precompiled binaries for O'Caml 2.99 for MS Windows
    > don't include LablTk, although the Redhat binaries did include
    > LablTk. Earlier versions of O'Caml for MS Windows included O'CamlTk.

    LablTk is not O'CamlTk, which explains this lack.
    Applications written for O'CamlTk will not work with it, and you
    should get and compile O'CamlTK for them.

    I plan to include LablTk in the windows version of ocaml 3.00.

    > Is the TK interface eventually going to be replaced by a Gtk+ interface?
    > Has anyone gotten LablGtk to work on MS Windows?

    LablGTK is still beta, so do not expect a full replacement too soon.
    It should also be ported to windows, when I get some time (or somebody
    does it for me...). Since mlgtk was ported to windows, this should not
    be too difficult.

    > Does all of this depend more people helping with O'Caml development?

    This could help, certainly...

    Regards,

            Jacques
    Jacques Garrigue Kyoto University garrigue at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp