Re: Q: camlp4 use?

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 21:42:56 MET

    > I use CamlP4 for different for of the "syntaxic sugaring" (for example -
    > for list comprehension syntax) and for incapsulations of some patterns in
    > matching.

    This sounds interesting! List comprehensions would definitely be a neat
    thing to have in OCaml. Would you mind explaining more about this? How
    does this look like in the code and how is it implemented?

    This would also be one of my feature wishes for OCaml, because this
    technique can really cut down code size and improve readability
    significantly...

    Best regards,
    Markus Mottl

    --