Thread feature missing

From: Christophe Raffalli (Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 09:04:49 MET

    Have I miss something ? I found that two features (especialy the first)
    are missing in the thread library:

    - No way to wait for one thread to finish among many (equivalent of
    join, but taking a list of threads as argument)

    - No way to send a signal to a thread (it would be useful to make a
    thread raise an exception from another thread).

    I see clearly a solution with some periodical tests. But this is not
    elegant.

    --
    Christophe Raffalli
    Université de Savoie