From: Gerd Stolpmann (Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 03:12:42 MET

    After I posted the dynamic loader recently, I remembered that I programmed
    something similar some time ago. It is a different and simpler approach to the
    same problem. The Dl module makes the dlopen and dlsym functions of the
    operating system available directly such that you can load libraries and invoke
    function from the libraries, but there isn't any automatism built into the
    bytecode interpreter. You have to do all yourself.

    There is a generator that helps rewriting programs containing "external"
    declarations into programs using the dl library.

    Because such functionality may be useful until the interpreter itself is
    clever enough to dynamically load libraries, I have packed a tarball
    containing the module. You find it here:

            http://people.darmstadt.netsurf.de/Gerd.Stolpmann/ocaml/dl-1.0.tar.gz

    The documentation can be found here:

            http://people.darmstadt.netsurf.de/Gerd.Stolpmann/ocaml/projects/dl

    gerd

    Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
    Viktoriastr. 100
    64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de (privat)
    Germany