Re: Preferred GUI Toolkit for O'Caml 3?

From: Sven LUTHER (luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 09:17:00 MET

    On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 02:54:10PM +0100, Thorsten Ohl wrote:
    > I soon have to do major surgery (= an almost complete rewrite) on a
    > graphical user interface, currently in O'CamlTK.
    >
    > Since retargeting to incompatible GUIs is such a boring job, I'd like
    > to hear which toolkit do you see in your tea leafs as the future
    > toolkit of choice?
    >
    > - O'CamlTK [ (-) will be superseded by LablTK (I guess)
    > (-) inconvenient (no polymorphic variants) ]
    >
    > - LablTK [ (+) more convenient than O'CamlTK
    > (+) part of O'Caml 2.99 ]
    >
    > - mlgtk [ (+) Gtk+ is nicer than Tk (and no-Tcl is nicer than Tcl)
    > (-) is it ported to everything but the kitchen sink? ]

    huh ???

    what do you mean by

    "is it ported to everything but the kitchen sink?" ?

    it worked fine on my solaris box before, and also under debian gnu/linux ppc
    and i386, as well as redhat/sparc. there are reports of it working under
    windows also, but i didn't bother to try this broken OS. should work under
    beos also, but i don't know if caml works for beos.

    Friendly,

    Sven LUTHER (one of the three mlgtk developpers).