Re: GC + thread

From: Max Skaller (maxs@in.ot.com.au)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 03:24:09 MET

    Christophe Raffalli wrote:
    > This extension is also necessary (it is easy to have realistic examples
    > where the GC would collect much more thread with this extension).
    >
    > What do you think of that ?

    Why is this necessary? In particular, because in/out channels have
    reduced functionality, I have opted to use Unix.file_descr instead:
    these are converted to/from in/out channels if necessary.

    It seems to me this particular problem is part of a more general
    one concerning resource acquisition and threads?

    --
    John (Max) Skaller at OTT [Open Telecommications Ltd]
    mailto:maxs@in.ot.com.au      -- at work