Re: additions to standard library?

From: Jerome Vouillon (Jerome.Vouillon@inria.fr)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 02:54:09 MET

    On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 04:24:00PM +0100, Markus Mottl wrote:
    > What do you think about the idea to make use of the "usercontrib"
    > CVS-repository at INRIA for such purposes? We could open a "stable" and
    > "development" branch for standard libraries (and "otherlibs") there, where
    > people could place and "peer review" their contributions. From time to
    > time, the OCaml-team can peek at the additions and take what they consider
    > useful.

    I see two dangers:
    - this could result in an over-featured library;
    - the "regular" and the "extended" library may diverge.
    On the other hand, I don't think it would be a bad thing if more
    people contributed to the development of O'Caml.

    Anyway, you can always set up a repository on Sourceforge or any
    similar site and see what happens. :-)

    -- Jérôme