to have labels or not

From: Jan Brosius (jan.brosius@village.uunet.be)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 20:30:00 MET

    Hi,

    I am looking around to have a good , free and very easy language , portable
    and so on, producing fast code. Objective Caml was and still is for me a
    serious candidate among the many free portable languages on the net. I
    realise that it is not up to me to enforce a decision . I also realize that
    credits always should be given to the implementors and France's research
    institute INRIA.

    My personal choice is not to use labels at all because it makes the readable
    code too big, it is better I think to use meaningful words and within
    comments to clarify the types of the functions.

    I think I would never use the "label on " option.

    function x -> .. could be shortened by : \x ->..... I think and the use
    of [`a] instead of `a list and the use of list comprensions as in Haskell
    could shorten the readable code and maintain readability.

    friendly et amicalement

    Jan Brosius