New version of the O'Caml link database

From: Gerd Stolpmann (Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 02:08:02 MET DST

    Hello Caml'lers,

    After more than one year, the O'Caml link database contains now
    over 40 links to libraries, applications, Mom's little helpers
    and other contributions of O'Caml users. While the baby grows,
    the expectations get bigger as well, and so I am happy that I
    can announce a new, completely revised version of the database.

    The entries contain now much more attributes than before. Most
    interesting, the entries can be assigned to one or several groups
    of related software (e.g. "Network libraries", "String processing",
    and so on). A new listing page shows the entries sorted by group.

    Furthermore, it is now allowed to report software written
    by other people. These entries are distinguishable from original
    entries maintained by the authors themselves; i.e. the original
    entries are listed together with a clef sign showing everybody
    that the composer him/herself entered the record.

    Last but not least, the user interface had a face lifting. There
    are nice graphical elements, and the storyboard has been revised,
    too. Of course, there is still a version for text browsers.

    You find the new database at the same location as the old:

            http://www.npc.de/ocaml/linkdb/

    Nobody is perfect. There may be still "funny behaviours" and other
    things to improve. Please contact me in such cases.

    A lot of fun,

            Gerd

    Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
    Viktoriastr. 100
    64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de (privat)
    Germany