Re: When functional languages can be accepted by industry?

From: Vitaly Lugovsky (vsl@ontil.ihep.su)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 05:01:58 MET DST

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Max Skaller wrote:

    > Vitaly Lugovsky wrote:
    > > P.S. Maybe, all that we need, is a RAD tool for ocaml? It can
    > > look like a better module finder ("module name" -> "file name" is not
    > > a good idea. Paths in Java is much better), and a lot of reusable
    > > modules for common tasks (database, GUI)...
    >
    > There already is one: the lablbrowser. It's quite
    > good functionally -- but the interface sucks.

     But module naming system is left unchanged there... So, it's not a RAD
    tool. I talk about RAD as a "rapid application development tool", not
    as a "GUI IDE". I tried findlib, but it also not an ideal, it's too
    complex and is not well integrated with Ocaml system itself. :(

    --

    V.S.Lugovsky aka Mauhuur (http://ontil.ihep.su/~vsl) (UIN=45482254)