Re: When functional languages can be accepted by industry?

From: Vitaly Lugovsky (vsl@ontil.ihep.su)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 05:08:58 MET DST

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Max Skaller wrote:

    > > But stupid "industry" don't like TeX. :(
    > > They wants HTML or somthing like that. Is there any HTML output
    > > formatter for ocamlweb? Industry knows nothing about literate
    > > programming, as well as about many other progressive technologies.
    >
    > Industry is not stupid, it is simply governed by different motives.

     And all that motives are very far from pure science. That's why
    I call'em stupid. Market will never create an ideal technology,
    'cause there is no advanced evolution criteria - only crowd
    requests.

    > I'm using
    >
    > a) ocaml -- an advanced programming language
    > b) interscript -- an advanced literate programming tool

     Hm... Where can I take a look at 'interscript'? I'm using
    ocamlweb for now, it looks better then generic, language independent
    literate tools like noweb, but I did not heared about interscript.
    Any URL?

    --

    V.S.Lugovsky aka Mauhuur (http://ontil.ihep.su/~vsl) (UIN=45482254)