Re: When functional languages can be accepted by industry?

From: John Max Skaller (skaller@maxtal.com.au)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 21:09:02 MET DST

    Markus Mottl wrote:

    >I believe that OCaml could be a
    > serious threat to some scripting languages: partly due to its high
    > performance, partly, because it is much saner = easier to maintain, and
    > highly portable! The Unix-library is very complete and would also play an
    > important role here.

    For me, it has deficiency as a scripting language: interactive
    (command prompt) use is clumbsy because gnu-readline isn't integrated:
    no history or editing. [This should be easy to fix: there's some code
    in the Vyper.sourceforge.net repository which might be adapted.]

    --
    John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
    checkout Vyper http://Vyper.sourceforge.net