Re: Dynamic link

From: Vitaly Lugovsky (vsl@ontil.ihep.su)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 13:28:26 MET DST

    On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Nicolas GEORGE wrote:

    > > Actually, if you are concerned about the size of a custom runtime, it
    > > is much simpler to patch the OCaml makefiles so that the standard
    > > library and the special libraries are built as shared library.
    >
    > I agree with that, as long as you are root on your computer, to install the
    > new "fat" runtime each time you add a new library.

     What for? Why unprivileged user can't install'em in his own
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or, if there is a group of users, e.g. "mlusers",
    there can be a group writable directory for a shared libraries.

    > > API for dynamically loading C libraries at execution time (rather than
    >
    > In my view, this is a quite different issue. (And I don't see immediatly
    > how to do that type safely)

     It'll be as safe as normal static link can be. Or I just can't understand
    something...

    --

    V.S.Lugovsky aka Mauhuur (http://ontil.ihep.su/~vsl) (UIN=45482254)