Re: ocamlpvm

From: jean-marc alliot (alliot@recherche.enac.fr)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 15:46:23 MET DST

    Ward Wheeler wrote:

    > I wonder if it involves some older code you may have
    > upgraded. Have you made a v3.0 version of your OCAMLPVM code?
    > Thank you,
    > Ward Wheeler

    Yes ocamlpvm has been upgraded for ocaml3.00, but it has also been largely
    rewritten. It implements now all (or most of all, one or two might be missing) pvm
    functions, including groups functions. It is now a pvm type-safe implementation ; we
    have added pvm_pkobj and pvm_upkobj for transferring any data from an ocaml program
    to another using Marshalling.
    The distribution includes two utilities: daemons and mailboxes, based on PVM.
    We use it everyday and it is (I think) extremely stable.

    What is missing? The documentation. But it is fairly compatible with Pvm doc.

    JM Alliot

    PS : ocamlpvm is the ML bindings for the PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) package,
    which is widely used for distributing computations across networks of computers.