Book in english

From: Gerard Huet (Gerard.Huet@inria.fr)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 10:16:18 MET DST

    Hello to all, Bonjour à tous

    I cannot comment on the O'Reilly book, which I have not seen yet, although
    I trust the authors to have made a good job. But in the current discussion
    about translating it in english, I have seen no mention of the numerous
    books on programming in varous dialects of Caml which have appeared so far,
    some of them available in english. For instance:

    "The Functional Approach to Programming" by Guy Cousineau and Michel Mauny,
    Cambridge University Press, 1998.

    It is a quite good reference book on programming in Caml Light, close
    enough to Objective Caml to be used as a standard beginner's textbook, even
    if it does not cover modules and objects. It gives many serious programming
    examples, and answers many of the questions that are routinely asked on
    this list, such as how to program doubly linked lists (the "sweet"
    implementation given by Xavier a few days ago is covered in section 4.4.5
    for instance).

    GH
    PS en français : l'édition originale en français est disponible chez
    Edisciences, 1995.