*** Job Vacancy in High-Level Circuit Design - Software and Applications. ***

From: Paul Boca (ppb@sharp.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 13:03:33 MET DST

    Dear Caml users,

    the following job advert is likely to be of interest,
    as one of the skills we are looking for is functional
    programming. The language we use at Sharp is Objective
    Caml.

    High-Level Circuit Design - Software & Applications
    OXFORD
    ATTRACTIVE PACKAGE

    Sharp is a world leader in consumer and business
    products. Sharp Laboratories of Europe in the Oxford
    Science Park is part of Sharp Corporation's global
    research and development team.

    We are seeking highly motivated and innovative R&D
    scientists and engineers to join a growing team which is
    extending and applying high-level synthesis technology
    for consumer electronics.

    Ideally you will have an excellent first degree in Computer
    Science, Engineering or other relevant field; further
    postgraduate research or industrial experience would be
    preferred.

    You will have a strong track record and interest in some of
    the following areas:

    High-level design technology:

    * compiler technology, design automation, software engineering,
    functional programming.

    High-level design applications:

    * HDL's (e.g. VHDL), C, high-level synthesis, system
    design, consumer electronics, encryption.

    Preference will be given to candidates who are motivated
    to learn new skills and programming paradigms. Training
    is available where required.

    To apply, please send your CV with the names of 2
    referees to Mrs Victoria Notley at the address below
    quoting reference sle05-04. The closing date for
    applications is 20th May 2000.

    Sharp Laboratories of Europe Ltd, Edmund Halley
    Road, Oxford Science Park
    Oxford OX4 4GB, United Kingdom
    Email: Vee.Notley@sharp.co.uk
    Tel: +44 (0) 1865 747711