Re: Book in english

From: Benjamin C. Pierce (bcpierce@saul.cis.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 16:22:56 MET DST

    > How about "The little MLer", by Felleisen? That's an easy, nice book for
    > beginners to start thinking in functional terms. It even has a chapter
    > on modules, and even if it's based on the SML/NJ syntax, it contemplates
    > CamlSpecialLight/OCaml syntax.

    Unfortunately, freshmen are not very tolerant of "trivial syntactic
    differences": we really need an OCaml book.

    (Also, I remain to be convinced that Felleisen and Friedman's book,
    for all its quirky virtues, is an ideal textbook, even for SML.
    Anybody know if it's being used anyplace for real teaching?)

          Benjamin