RE: Reverse-Engineering Bytecode: A Possible Commercial Objection To O'Caml

From: Brent Fulgham (brent.fulgham@xpsystems.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 23:58:54 MET DST

    > BTW: people here read books. An English Ocaml book
    > would provide very strong support for industrial use.

    I'm in the process of reading "The Functional Approach
    to Programming" (Cousineau & Mauny). This book is not
    strictly OCaml (it's based on CAML-Light), but it's
    teaching me the basics I need. It's also quite a good
    book for learning functional programming techniques
    in general. It's not a bad price, either. I found it
    for $32 at Borders.com.

    BTW -- Although it is a translation of a French book,
    it is quite well-written. Their editor/translator was
    quite talented. I can find very little in the way
    of French syntax in the volume ;-)

    Hope that's helpful,

    -Brent