OCaml book

From: Joshua D. Guttman (guttman@mitre.org)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 14:14:13 MET DST

    Max Skaller <maxs@in.ot.com.au> writes:

    > BTW: people here read books. An English Ocaml book would provide
    > very strong support for industrial use.

    Right. A number of people have volunteered to help translate the
    French O'Reilly book into English. We hope to allow it to be
    retrieved freely via the net, and we're optimistic that O'Reilly will
    agree to this. Their preliminary response was positive. The authors
    have also shown enthusiasm, and are likely to give us access to their
    sources for the text.

    We're very grateful for all this support, but we need one more
    important ingredient: more volunteers.

    If you're reasonably confident about your grasp of technical French
    and technical English, we'd be very grateful for your help with a
    chapter or two. Your help with this project will create an important
    ingredient for the broadened success of OCaml in English-speaking
    countries.

    Thanks.

            Joshua

    --