Re: Obj.magic

From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre (filliatr@csl.sri.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 18:20:44 MET DST

    > The Obj module allows nearly direct access to the memory image of the
    > Caml runtime system. My small program explains usefulness and danger
    > of this module. The "show_val" function takes an arbitrary Caml value
    > and prints out their internal representation.

    I should mention that I also wrote such a function to display the
    internal representation of ocaml values some time ago, which of course
    makes a great use of Obj.magic. It is available here:

          http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ftp/ocaml/display/

    For a direct access to the documented code with an example, see:

          http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ftp/ocaml/display/display.ps.gz

    --
    Jean-Christophe Filliatre
      Computer Science Laboratory   Phone (650) 859-5173