Re: Signatures (was: Reverse-Engineering Bytecode)

From: Thorsten Ohl (ohl@hep.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 14:54:58 MET DST

    Vitaly Lugovsky wrote:

    > But it don't need a core support from OCaml - you just can use MD5
    > checksum or something like this....

    I'm not so sure. I woudl liek to access a checksum of the actual
    sources that have been used to compile the module implementations in
    the currently running program, just like Dynlink does for module
    types.

    One can play games with MD5 and a `Signatures' module in the Makefile,
    but this is not 100%ly secure, because the code could be compiled by
    hand, without updating the checksums.

    Or am I missing something here?

    Cheers,
    -Thorsten