Re: Newsgroup for Caml?

From: Michael Vanier (mvanier@bbb.caltech.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 21:16:12 MET DST

    > Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:05:27 +0200
    > From: Daniel de Rauglaudre <daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr>
    > Sender: Pierre.Weis@inria.fr
    >
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > Don't you think that we should create a newsgroup for Caml? There is a lot
    > of messages in this mailing list, and perhaps it could be a way to make Caml
    > known? Do you have an opinion about that?
    >
    > --
    > Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
    > daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr
    > http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/

    I think this is an excellent idea. I much prefer newsgroups to mailing
    lists because newsgroups don't clutter up my inbox on subjects I'm not
    interested in (or only slightly interested in), and it's easy to go back
    and read messages later. One suggestion: keep an archive of the newsgroup
    postings on the Caml web site so we don't have to rely on DejaNews for
    older posts :-)

    Mike