Warning messages and lonely variables

From: Nicolas barnier (barnier@recherche.enac.fr)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 15:22:00 MET DST

    Wouldn't it be judicious to warn the user whenever a variable appears in
    the left hand-side of a (let/pattern-) binding and not used anymore in
    the following code, like they do in Prolog (e.g. within the Eclipse
    compiler) ? This is one of the source of many (of my) stupid bugs
    (especially when modifying pieces of code) and surely a desirable
    feature of a correct program. It seems also not
    so intricate to check (from my naive user standpoint at least).

    Cheers

    -- Nicolas