Preinitialized executables?

From: Matti Jokinen (moj@alfard.utu.fi)
Date: Sat Sep 13 1997 - 01:57:41 MET DST

From: moj@alfard.utu.fi (Matti Jokinen)
Subject: Preinitialized executables?
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 02:57:41 +0300 (EET DST)

I have a program that needs to be initialied by building a large and
fairly complicated data structure. In Ocaml the fastest method I
have found is to save the data structure in a file with output_value
and then load it into the program with input_value, but even this way
the overhead is considerable. SML/NJ has a function named exportFn,
which saves the program together with its state into an executable file:
when the program is run from the file, control is transferred to a
function given as a parameter to exportFn. I wonder if something
similar is possible in Ocaml.

- Matti Jokinen