From: Francois Rouaix <Francois.Rouaix@inria.fr>
Subject: New release of OCamlTk41
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:30:14 +0100
It's my pleasure to announce a new distribution of camltk, the library
interfacing Caml and Tcl/Tk.
With camltk, you can program nice graphical user interfaces in Objective Caml,
portable to any Unix/X-Windows platform as well as to Windows 95/NT.
Currently (as of ocamltk41), the library requires Objective Caml 1.06
(it will not compile with previous versions of Objective Caml), and
Tcl/Tk version 7.5/4.1 or 7.6/4.2.
The source distribution is available at
The binary distributions of Objective Caml 1.06 already include camltk.
Apart from various fixes and internal cleanup, the main novelties in this
version are : support for the native ocamlopt compiler, support for
Windows 95/NT (very little testing was done, though), crude support for
raw pixmap manipulations.
camltk is written and maintained by:
Jun Furuse, Francois Pessaux, Francois Rouaix.
The main page for camltk is
Changes since first version of ocamltk41:
- Updated to O'Caml 1.06 (C interface changes)
- Added support for ocamlopt
- Added support for Windows NT (except some accessory parts of ocamltk41)
- Added support for BLT Drag&Drop
- Added -o and -I options to tkcompiler
- Added support for Japanese mode autodetection (jtk)
- Added support for raw pixmap
- Bug fixes:
* focus in Frx_ctext
* jpf/Balloon fix
* Text.insert (tag parameter was incorrect)
- Internal changes
* removed Hashtblc now that space leaks in Hashtbl have been fixed
* added display of compactions in Frx_mem
* access to Tcl variables is now done in C (Tcl_Get/SetVar)
instead of interpreted Tcl "set var". It should be possible to
compile with Tcl/Tk8.0. Fixed variable traces management (free didn't
- Compilation does not need Tk source tree.
-- Francois.Rouaix@inria.fr Projet Cristal - INRIA Rocquencourt
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Jan 02 2000 - 11:58:12 MET