Re: recursive types

From: Jason Hickey (jyh@cs.cornell.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 16:43:26 MET

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:43:26 -0500
From: Jason Hickey <jyh@cs.cornell.edu>
To: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: recursive types

Thanks for the well-presented argument. One of the points you made is
that functions with inferred general recursive types are often
incorrect. I agree, and I am willing to make sacrifices to tie down
type inference (although it seems a little extreme to remove the
offending constructions).

By that way, thanks for 1.06 release. OCaml 1.05 has been solid and
reliable, and you have added many useful features to 1.06. The language
and its type system have been clearly thought out. Nice!

--
Jason Hickey                    Email: jyh@cs.cornell.edu
Department of Computer Science  Tel: +1 (607) 255-4394