From: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
Subject: Objective Caml 1.07 released
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 18:43:18 +0100 (MET)
This is end-of-year clearance here at INRIA, so we've just released
version 1.07 of Objective Caml.
Compared with 1.06, this is a bug-fix release that provides no new
features, but fixes some serious bugs in the native thread library,
and a number of small glitches in the system and documentation.
See the end of this message for a more complete list.
Usually, this wouldn't deserve a release in itself, but we're about to
put Objective Caml on a CD-ROM distribution and we wanted to fix the
known problem with 1.06 before.
Objective Caml 1.07 is available from ftp://ftp.inria.fr/lang/caml-light,
in the following files:
ocaml-1.07.tar.gz Source distribution (Unix, PC, Mac)
ocaml-1.07-1.i386.rpm Binaries for Linux RedHat / Intel
ocaml-1.07-win.zip Binaries for Windows 95 and NT
ocaml-1.07-refman.* Documentation, in various formats
ocaml-1.06-1.07.diffs.gz Source diffs from 1.06
For general info on Objective Caml, see http://pauillac.inria.fr/ocaml/
- Xavier Leroy, for the Objective Caml team
Detailed list of changes:
* Native-code compiler:
- Revised interface between generated code and GC, fixes serious GC
problems with signals and native threads.
- Added "-thread" option for compatibility with ocamlc.
* Debugger: correctly print instance variables of objects.
* Run-time system: ported to OpenBSD.
* Standard library: fixed wrong interface for Marshal.to_buffer and
* Num library: added Intel x86 optimized asm code (courtesy of
* Thread libraries:
- Native threads: fixed GC bugs and installation procedure.
- Bytecode threads: fixed problem with "Marshal" module.
- Both: added Event.always.
* MS Windows port: better handling of long command lines in Sys.command
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Jan 02 2000 - 11:58:13 MET