Simple XML Parser and Pretty Printer available

From: Christian Lindig (lindig@ips.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 16:12:26 MET

Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:12:26 +0100
From: Christian Lindig <lindig@ips.cs.tu-bs.de>
Subject: Simple XML Parser and Pretty Printer available

It is my pleasure to announce my simple Extensible Markup Language
(XML [1]) parser and pretty printer `Tony' written in Objective Caml.
The parser is a spare time project and does not comply to the full XML
standard.

    http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/people/lindig/software/tony.html

The pretty printer is based on the pretty printing algebra proposed by
Philip Wadler [2] in his paper "A Prettier Printer". His lazy
implementation was adopted for the strict evaluation of OCaml and may
be interesting in its own right. The pretty printer module is
available in a separate library `mylib'.

    http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/people/lindig/software/mylib/index.html

Both distributions and their details can be found on the web pages
mentioned above. The parser is most useful for programmers interested
in building XML applications in OCaml. The usefullness of the stand
alone application `tony' is limited to make badly formatted XML code
readable.

As always I would be glad to hear about success, failures,
improvements, bugs, and wishes.

-- Christian